Today For Work

Today for work I am dressed as a femme, which I'm okay with, because I think somehow I still come off butch. Like when Bette wore skirts.

I'm wearing one, it reminds me how much I hate them, and thank god women don't have to wear stockings anymore or risk being called a skank. I wanted to butch it up today, suit and all, but I eraluxe more and more how much that alienates people, and for my sake, so when I have to partener up with some idiotic bigots, I won't get picked last.

Still though I took the things I Love best about my suit and tie ensemble and added them to my own. Tucked in shirt, navy blue tie, and i was about two minutes more of contemplation away from deciding to wear my boots.

Honestly with my hair short as it is, tie tied perfectly as it is, and the way I talk which has been described on more then one occasion as gay, I can't imagine anyone thinking I'm straight. But then again people are surprisingly fulll when it comes to this, so I'm sure at least one girl will look at my ring and ask me what my husband does for a living.

Truth? Sometimes I lie, sometimes I don't bother to correct them, and not because I'm ashamed or scared of what they may think, but because its not worth it. They aren't worth the sidelong glances, or me watching them that yes I saw them unbutton their shirts in the bathroom to fix their bras.

I know I'm not offering anything fresh to the usual rants of lesbians everywhere, but even though I'm not the first to say this, it still rings true, for me at least.

Maybe we should take a step back from our self obsession with sexuality. I mean maybe its not even a thought that straight women think when they see us. Maybe they truly are indifferent, which it seems we have somehow made worse then the other two options.

But it is frustrating, I do catch myself wishing lesbian was written under my name on my place setting, I wish my regional manager would stop trying to decide whether to flirt or copete with me, I wish the girl I sit beside would just take me at face value and not read into my jokes.

But who knows, maybe she will be gay too? Isn't that what we secretly all want, or maybe not so secretly.

That brings me to something else, does anyone else attract straight women like the plague? I Feel like some predator, like these women see me and can't figure out just what it is they like about me, so they keep on talking to me, flirting with me, and while I think they are gay they shatter my perception, expecting me to relate to that story about their husbands or boyfriends.

So goes the world, at least mine.

Chech out Gold Panda's newest album, let me know what you think. It grew on me.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

0 comments:

Post a Comment