Riviera Club and others

So lately I've been trying to develop ideas surrounding myself starting my own clothing line which would progress into my own stores in the states.  I know, its a huge dream and I'm reaching, but I say that its better sto start someplace then not to start at all.  So this post is an outline of my visions and starting points.

It started a few months ago for me when I decided I wanted to major in business, and then decided that I dont want to work FOR someone, anyone else.  I want to be the boss with the big blackberry ordering people around.  I can get my AA's and AS's at the community college here and then work my way from there, that part is easy.  With CA's BOG in place allowing me to get free education because I'm pretty much poor, I'm in luck. 

The only thing about school is that from there I have to decide how I'm going to work school into my working life. I mean, I work at a bank every single day and some Saturdays from eight until six.  That basically cancels out any and all classes I want to take. But somehow I'm going to have to work it out, online classes, knocking out GE until work is flexible, something, so that I can get my eduaction.

Secondly I have a few ideas for the types of things I want to design.  Casual and professional menswear and androgynous-wear for women/men.  I think I can do it. I WANT to do it.  Now I just need to get it done. I'm looking at GAP, this new brand called Riviera Club out of Santa Barbara which is an hour away from where I live,  and I'm just thinking to myself, not only do I want to be that dapper, I think I can MAKE clothes that are that dapper, dammit.




0 comments:

Post a Comment